Friday, October 28, 2011

Old Show Tunes





Now I would be lying if I said that musicals and the tunes that go with them are not a favourite in the kijaro house... so the other day in one of my light bulb ideas I acquired from my lovely father, my grandmothers record player. Although it isn't as lovely as the one I nearly bought at an estate a couple of weeks ago and have been kicking myself ever since.. it is still amazing. It proved to be a little bit of a challenge to get it going at first (helps if you press the phono button not the AUX button) but I can assure you that I have it all sorted now. The house of late has been filled with wonderful show tunes from the Sound of Music, My Fair Lady and a vast arrary of other wonderful broadway tunes mixed with some Santra and a dash of ABBA. I can say that it is wonderful to do the breakfast routine with some good old tunes with the wonderful unique sound of the original player. On a side note I am a little excited about tomorrow, the wonderful Laura from Kit and Nancy and I have a date with some yard sales, a coffee shop and maybe an oppy or two or maybe a few. I will be sure to check back let you know what our adventures entailed. kijaro xx




No comments:

Post a Comment